Friday 15 November 2013

Retro Disneyland Paris


Following on from the retro Walt Disney World and Orlando posts I thought I would share some of my retro Disneyland Paris photos. When I was very young my sister used to work there as a cast member. She got me my first Mickey Mouse, the coolest Dumbo plushie I've ever seen and my first Disney pin among other things. These are some of her park photos from her time there:
I love how she caught Mickey just randomly walking around.


On my very first trip to Disneyland Paris in 2002 I went with a group of Irish dancers and we danced on this same stage that the Beauty and the beast show was on:





My first trip to Disneyland Paris as I mentioned above was in 2002 I will do a separate post for that because I have to many pictures to share for that year but we went back in 2003 with the dancers again. The second time we went we danced in Fantasyland and the Walt Disney studios had just opened. We seemed to have alot more luck with the characters that year than the previous year or my last visit for that matter:

We went to Cafe Mickey that year and seemed to get some rarer characters like Gideon from Pinocchio:




  
That last picture there was some celebration of the Jungle book on in the main Disneyland park at the time and every evening there would be a parade of Jungle Book characters along with other characters and African bands going up Main Street to the Hub and partying there for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment