Tuesday 26 November 2013

Made you smile!

Florida 2011, Day 3, part 3:


By the time the street party ended I was literally bouncing with excitement waiting for the next show because it was time to light the castle. There was a little show where Mickey and friends are all trying to decide how to decorate the castle for Christmas and then Fairy Godmother comes along and asks Cinderella how she would like the castle decorated.



Cinderella wants magical icicles so with a wave of her wand and a Bibbidi:

Bobbidi:
 Wow:

The Fairy Godmother lights up the castle. It was amazing and beautiful and I laughed and cried. The videos and photos online are great but there is nothing like seeing it for real. It was just outstanding and I when I went back to my mother who was sitting on a bench further back from the castle she had the biggest smile on her face, she thought it was gorgeous.

We stood and gazed in wonder for a while longer before heading over towards Tomorrowland. 

Next was one of the surprises that I got that night in Magic Kingdom because I thought this event was meant to be for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party only but the Totally Tomorrowland Christmas Show was on this day as well so we went to watch. The singer was overly perky like dipped in sugar fake perky but I liked the characters especially Stitch! The singer is waiting for Santa to come and spread Christmas cheer and while Stitch tracks down Santa, Buzz Lightyear and Mike Wazoski sing their version of some Christmas songs. In the end because Stitch can’t find Santa he decides to be Santa himself. It’s a cute show with some very funny moments for example on of my favourite quote from the show "Santa is big snitch who breaks into peoples houses and spies on children." 


After that show we headed over to the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. I love that show it's so funny and I love how they pick on random audience members although I always pray it's not me lol:
After the laugh floor we went to get a quick snack. We went to the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant. In the Restaurants I'm never sure whether they'd serve me a kids meal since they're for guests under ten or whatever so usually I tell my mother what I want, give her monies and she goes up and orders the food for both of us while I go off and find a seat for us. So we did all that and I was sitting at a nice table near the wall gazing at the pretty castle and a CM came up and went sorry but you can't sit here. I was kinda like sorry what? She went if you don't have food you can't sit down. So I was like oh yeah no worries my mother is getting the food now she's in the queue you see that lady there (pointing at my mum) she's just getting the tray now. Cm says sorry but you'll have to get up and wait outside the seating area until she has brought the food over or my boss will give out to me. I was a little confused by that statement but decided not to keep up a conversation that was hurting my head it confused me so much so I got up and went over to walk my mother to the seating area since she had the tray at that point!!!

After that we headed over to the Carousel of Progress:

Once that was finished we headed back towards Main Street to grab a spot for the fireworks and parade. First Magic, Memories and You was on. We'd never seen this before and it looks so much better in real life than on the you tube videos. 

Next was wishes and I just love this show everytime that cute little starlight star bright song starts I want to cry I just love it so much. In the middle of wishes though we had a surprise because Tinkerbell flew out of the castle and down towards Tomorrowland. Again was not expecting that, we normally stand further down Main Street for the fireworks so we’d never seen it before and it was so cool!  My favourite part of wishes is when the castle has the stars on from Sorcerers Apprentice ach I just love the whole show:

After that another Magic, Memories and you came on before the Main Street Electrical Parade. We were sitting on a curb just in front of the bridge where people would come out of Tomorrowland onto the hub so if you looked right while the parade was travelling off you could get some pretty cool pictures of the parade with the castle in the background. These are some of my favourite pictures I’ve ever taken in Walt Disney World:

After the parade we said bye for now to the pretty castle: 
Headed down Main Street of course taking pictures on the way:
I love how Daisy is dressed in the same Christmas outfit that the CM’s were wearing in the Confectionery shop windows:

We went into the Emporium after that because I wanted to pick up a new friend. OMG it was so busy in the Emporium and some people were pushing past trying to grab things from shelves as if they were going out of business in the morning. Crazy stuff for 11.30 at night! Anyway I managed to squeeze through the masses and get what I wanted before we headed out for the Ferry. 

I seem to remember that since we left the park at 11.30 and it wasn’t closed until 12 we got out slightly ahead of the masses so when we got to the Ferry back to Ticket and Transportation it was just arriving and there wasn’t a huge crowd so we hopped right on. From Ticket and Transportation we got a taxi back to our hotel. Once back at the hotel, before I went to bed I took a quick picture of my trip mascot with my new Disney friend, Lotso who smells like Strawberries:

It had been a long fun filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment