Tuesday 26 November 2013

Back in my Magical Happy place

Florida 2011, Day 3, part 1

26th November 2011

For anyone that might be thinking of going to Walt Disney World in November/December this day was obviously falling in Thanksgiving weekend and there was no Christmas party on in the park but there was a was a few surprises throughout the day so if you didn't want to shell out extra money for the Christmas party the Saturday after Thanksgiving might be a good day to visit the parks?!

Anyways this morning we got up early as usual and I was super excited today because we were not only headed back to Disney but headed to my favourite place and my ultimate happy place today.  We got to Epcot shortly after 9 and took the Monorail to Ticket and Transportation centre:
When we got off the Monorail we took a quick picture stop:
and then in keeping with our own Disney tradition we got the Ferryboat over to the most Magical Kingdom on earth (probably) for the first time this trip:
By a quarter to ten we had arrived at my magical happy place:
We went around the corner and little miss snappy here got way overwhelmed! So many decorations, so many lights, what direction to go first but most of all I WAS FINALLY BACK IN MY HAPPY PLACE!!! So cue alot of picture taking:

Lookie the castle through all those wreaths:
Before I had a melt down I got some fast passes for the characters in Town Square:
Then in order to calm down and try decide what direction to go in next we headed for the Emporium:
I took that pic and then heard music start outside so ran out to see the characters of Main Street arrive on their trolley:
Doesn't the lady with the green skirt on the end look like she has no feet in that pic!  I'd never seen them before and was so happy when they just randomly showed up as we were browsing the shops.
We were admiring the shop windows as we headed up Main Street towards the castle hub:


We waited on the hub taking pictures of the pretty castle:


 Then the first Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it Street Party of the day began:
I learned from other trip reports that if you stand in certain places you get pretty pictures with the castle in the background:
 


Once the street party was over it was time for lunch so headed over to Crystal Palace
Once our lunch was over we stopped at another photopass station to get some pictures with the castle in the background before heading back over to the hub. Another Move it, Shake it parade was just finishing:


Soon after that the Dream along with Mickey show started. In 2010 all the characters were in blue outfits but 2011 they were in original colours but shiny! 



After the castle show we headed back down Main Street towards the exit but skipping into the Bakery for some seasonal food pics on the way:
Just before the hub as well there was a board that had wait times of the major attractions in each area and I noticed at that point which was about 1:45 ish the wait time for Peter Pan was 65 minutes and wait time for Winnie the Pooh was 60 minutes. I don't think I've ever seen WtP with a 60 minute wait time! The Park seemed to be getting busier and busier as the day went on. It was opened later than advertised as well. The internet times had said it would be open until 10pm but it was actually open until midnight so maybe if you want to avoid crowds the Saturday after Thanksgiving isn’t the best time to visit the Magic Kingdom.

Anyway we made our way towards the Town Square theatre to use my fast passes. As I was going in I noticed the wait time for the Princesses was 40 minutes and for Mickey Mouse was 5 minutes That shocked me. Why wasn't Mickey's line as long as Princesses?! Anyways I decided to go visit the Princesses first and with the fast passes I only waited about ten minutes before I saw them.

First was Aurora. She said she liked my t-shirt. I told her I wore it because we had lunch with Pooh bear. I had pigtail plaits in my hair that day and she said she liked them and asked if my fairies did them for me. I told her I didn't have any fairies that I did them myself so she said she thought she should get me to do her hair. No problemo I accept the job: 

Next was Belle. She nearly made a mess of my autograph, she asked my name and I guess was going to write my name instead of Belle but she made it very scribbly to cover up the mistake and it's barely noticeable now.  She said she had read books on calligraphy and they were great and asked what my favourite books were. I couldn't think so off the top of my head said Harry Potter. She said they were Chips favourite books as well. 

Last but not least came Cinderella. She asked how far I came in my pumpkin. I said 9 hours flight from Ireland. She asked if I was a princess there and I said no so she said I should be a Princess and at that point totally won my affection forevermore as I responded Yes I should be a Princess!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment