Saturday 16 November 2013

More Retro Orlando and Disney


My first trip back to Walt Disney World was in March 2005. It was with the dance school I was in. Someone saw us dancing in Paris thought we were good and wanted us to dance in Florida. Ten days before we were due to fly though I sprained my ankle in dancing. It was the night before we were putting the finale together for the show as well. I ended up going to the hospital that morning to be told that I shouldn't dance on it for six weeks and we were due to dance in the Magic Kingdom in less than 3 weeks time. We did everything we could do before the trip acupuncture, iced it and somehow I was able to come off the crutches before we flew out. I was determined to dance the show because as I thought at the time we might never get another chance to dance in Disney's Magic Kingdom. With alot of pain killers and tears afterwards though I did manage to dance the show just about and it's one of the best things I have ever done. We also danced in the Hard Rock Cafe at Universal Studios that year and I went swimming with dolphins in Discovery Cove. For some reason we don't have an awful lot of photos from this year but of course when we weren't doing all that we were hanging out in the various parks Florida has to offer:
Animal Kingdom was new to us that year. We had visited in 1995 and Animal Kingdom wasn't opened until 1998. There was a few Animal characters hanging around outside it on the day we visited:


They also had Bambi toparies done up outside:

In the Magic Kingdom we saw Gepetto and Pinocchio which I now think is a cool photo to have considering that this year with the Limited Time Magic going on Gepetto was one of the Limited time characters that appeared:

Disney's Hollywood Studios was still called MGM Studios in 2005:
We saw the Winnie the pooh characters there and I remember we were going to try get a photo with Eeyore and Tigger but the CM told first that the line was closing so we went back half an hour later to try again and they told us that it was only people with children that were allowed to queue up which seemed a little weird at the time so I just did random snaps of them leaving:

We went to Universal Studios as well which had changed alot. New characters were added and the whole Hanna Barbera section was gone:

Then of course we went to Seaworld as well. I love all the shows in Seaworld so can't go to Florida without a visit to Seaworld at least once:

No comments:

Post a Comment