Wednesday 27 November 2013

These dollars are burning a hole in my pocket

Florida 2011, Day 4:


27th November 2011

Today was our first "rest" day. I put that in inverted commas because I cannot rest on holidays. I can maybe sit by a pool/swim for an hour or so and then I have to do something. I just can't lie by a pool all day or whatever because I'm thinking of all the things that I could do in a park or whatever else I'm not seeing by "resting" but we had spent two full days in the parks since we arrived so today we lay in until ten. Then at 12 headed outside the hotel to get iride to Premium Outlets at iride stop 42. That is one very good thing about the hotel we were staying at as well, the iride stop is literally right outside their main entrance.We got to the Outlets and of course headed straight for the Disney outlet store. I love this place:


Giant Duffy, He was like half the size of me and reduced from 60 dollars to 30 and so would have come home with me except for the fact that he would have needed his own seat on the plane: 

I think this was Tommy's window but I thought the Christmas Penguin was cute:
Once we had shopped til we were about ready to we headed back to the iride and I took pics along the way of course:

I was very excited to see the Turtles. I used to love these dudes when I was little:  

Bye bye Premium Outlets:

So on the iride we had one of our funnier/random moments from the trip. Coming from stop 42 it's the last iride stop so we had a long way to travel since we were getting off at stop 15 or thereabouts and at that time of day people were leaving work or shopping centres or Seaworld or heading to work for the evening whatever point is the iride was busy. Then at one stop this guy got on and he was obviously a regular the driver knew him anyway and announced to those close enough to hear him that this guy was a fantastic "Irish" singer and sang in an Irish pub on international drive and if we wanted a good night out we should go along and see him perform. The guy was not a bit shy and was very much putting on a notice me performance in the middle of the iride where he was standing. He was talking quite loudly which is where my mother and I spotted the biggest problem, he was telling people whether they wanted to listen or not that he was from Cork in Ireland and had moved to Florida ever so many years ago. He kept mouthing out of him in the middle of the iride and the driver went whatever his name was sing Danny Boy. I love when you sing Danny Boy it's so good. At which point mother couldn't take the performance anymore and said loud enough for Mr. Performer to hear but to the driver please don't get a Liverpool man to sing an Irish song I'm from Ireland and that man doesn't have a Cork accent he has Liverpool accent. Liverpool is in England not Ireland.  Mr. Performer then decided to tell whoever was near him he was originally from Liverpool but had moved to Cork when he was young. He then went silent until we left the iride. It was quite funny though.

We decided to have a quick look in Walgreens on our way back to the hotel and they had lots of Christmas Disney decorations so I of course took pictures:





Mickey Mouse plasters I need these:
After browsing for a while we left Walgreens and walked down towards the hotel. I don't know why but I was surprised when I saw Christmas Decorations on International drive. Kind of like the airport I just wasn't expecting to see them:
A palm tree and a Christmas present because palm trees are the first tree you think of when you think of Christmas:
We got back to the hotel pretty early that night compared to other nights but we had another fun filled day planned for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment