Thursday 19 December 2013

Finishing our holiday around the world

Florida 2011, Day 14, part 2:


Back at Pop I found my mother already at the buses. We went into reception to sort transport back to the airport for the next day before heading to our next destination. We weren’t booked on the Magical Express but the lady at reception when we checked in told my mother it would be no problem to book us on it just to arrange it today. So we went up and the lady at reception went what airline are you with? and we went Aer Lingus. She looked at us blankly and went are you sure? I’ve never heard that name hold on. She rang someone, I presume whoever organises Magical Express pick ups and said no whoever was on the phone had never heard of Aer Lingus either. After a few minutes we managed to convince her that the airline did actually exist and she booked us on the 3.30 Magical Express for the next day. Yippee! Finally we made our way back out to the buses and headed to Downtown Disney.  
We headed into Goofy’s Candy store for breakfast:
Mother got this:
And I got this:
Most of that came home with me because it was super sweet.
Then it was time to wander over to the big Christmas tree where a special meet of Disney online friends was going to be happening. A few of us from the Dis boards had arranged to do a Secret Santa so we all met up to give each other our presents and for a chat for a while. 
 We ended up getting some pretty cool Disney decorations for our Christmas tree:

After meeting with some new friends mother and I headed back towards the buses. We got a bus to the Wilderness Lodge to switch to a park bus. While we were waiting at Wilderness Lodge for the park buses I took a pic of the horses nearby:


Soon enough the bus arrived:


We were headed to Epcot in an attempt to finish seeing all the story-tellers.
As we were walking towards the first story-teller we needed to see I spotted this dude off in a corner of Mexico on his own so ran over to meet him:
The first story-teller we saw that day was in Germany and it was Helga.
With Helga’s story a Nut-cracker comes out as well which was pretty cool:
 Afterwards we went into the German pavilion to try find the kidcot station and get another stamp and Christmas greeting on our flags page.
 After we got our stamp we headed off to the next story-teller stopping to admire the little train set along the way. I love how they even decorate that to suit what’s happening in the park:

So our next stop was in the American pavilion where there was lots going on. First we saw the Voices of Liberty:
Then heard the story of Hanukkah:

Next we went into the Liberty Inn because it was beside us for food. I was boring and had Chicken Nuggets:
Mother had this which I’m not entirely sure what it is, some sort of sandwich type wrap thing?!:

Inside Liberty Inn as well there was a Gingerbread House:

When we came out of Liberty Inn the Fife and Drum Corps had started:
We waited around a bit for the next story-teller Kwanzaa:
She came out but she wouldn’t tell her story because it was starting to rain:
I wandered about for a bit waiting to see if she would start her story and took pictures while I was waiting:

The rain started to come down hard so Kwanzaa scurried off  I did say to mother though that I thought we had cursed Epcot because we’d been there three times on this trip and the first day it rained, the second day it was freezing and now the third day it rains again! With Kwanzaa not telling her story because of the rain we were afraid the rest of the story-tellers would do that same. The next one was in Norway so I ran down to see if the story-teller was out. They weren’t so I just got our kidcot stamps and headed back to the American pavilion to my mother.
We headed towards France to see if the Beast would come out for his scheduled meet but he wouldn’t come out in the rain either so we went to England instead.
We ducked into the shop to get our kidcot stamp. First I was wondering why do they have Guinness Products in the English shop? Guinness is Irish; it’s brewed in Dublin, IRELAND’s capital city and nothing to do with England so why are they selling Irish products there when they don’t have an Irish Pavilion… I think they should build an Irish Pavilion it would be great but I’m not so sure about the English Pavilion selling Irish products:
We wandered into the back to get our kidcot stamp and standing all alone in the back was:
I got some pics with her while we were deciding whether to leave the park or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment