Tuesday 3 December 2013

A long day with even more fish

Florida 2011, Day 10, part 1


3rd December 2011.

Today we got up early and headed out to another favourite park of ours Seaworld to see all their Christmassy goings on! We got there early and I immediately started with the picture taking: 

We eventually made our way to the gates to enter the park and over by the giant Christmas tree they had Seaworld Characters switching over to take pics with guests so our next stop was there. Shamu had just left so I hopped in line to meet Dolly and mo mother out of line to take a sneak our own version of the pic so we wouldn't have to pay like 25 dollars for a picture with the dolphin:

Because we were at Seaworld shortly after it opened we had a small wait for the first show. I grabbed a map and quickly started planning our day time wise and in the meantime my mother headed to the first gift shop to explore and I of course followed after her to take pics. All the shops were decorated for Christmas and had many cute Christmas themed t-shirts:




Next up was the first of our Seaworld traditions a morning visit to the Sweet Sailing Candy Shop to pic up the Souvenir Mug for me and a Shamu cookie bowl. I took pics of all the yummies while we were waiting in the queue:






When we left the Sweet Sailing Candy Shop we headed towards our first show of the day but not before taking a few more pics of the entrance area:

The first show of the day was Blue Horizons the Whale and Dolphin (and acrobats) show. I like the dolphins and I get that they’re trying to make a story out of the show but I really don’t get the need for the acrobats half way through. It’s impressive but it’s meant to be a dolphin show not a human does tricks show. Anyways pictures:




So after watching the Dolphins it was time to run over to one of my favourite Seaworld shows the Sealion show with Clyde and Seamore. I love this show from the mime “welcoming” people into the stadium to the hilariously so unfunny you have to laugh puns through-out the show and the place was decorated for Christmas:




After that we went to Pacific Point Preserve to watch some hungry Sealions for a while. They make me laugh the way they sit on the edge of the pool looking up at the humans and giving out it’s like they’re saying stop looking at me stupid human and feed me. Then when someone throws them a fish they swim off happy out:

This video was actually from my 2010 trip but thought I'd share anyways:

After that we decided to head towards the next show but stopped off to see the Penguins along the way:   

We also went to check out the nearby shop… I mean we were so close it would be rude not to. So more Christmas merchandise:


No comments:

Post a Comment