Thursday 19 December 2013

I should have just slept there for the night!

Florida 2011, Day 14, part 1



7th December, 2011.

Today was our last full Disney day. The night before we got in at 1am and then at 4am the phone rang. Someone from home wanted something done and forgot the time difference! So the result was we didn’t have that much sleep. I really really wanted to get to the Magic Kingdom to see the opening ceremony though so at 7.15 I jumped out of bed and in about 15 minutes was ready and heading out to the buses. My mother stayed in bed but by 8.30 I was back outside the Magic Kingdom:
There was a little bit of a wait but at 9am this guy came out:  
A few minutes later this came along:
Bringing with it the head Mouse:
And a bunch of other characters:
There was singing and dancing and general magic. I finally got to see the opening ceremony for the Magic Kingdom. I have always wanted to see this and we never get to because we never normally stay on property so don’t get to the Magic Kingdom early enough. Then it was through the arches and into the park and Main Street was bustling already with all kinds of transport:
I don’t think I’ve ever had a clearer view of the castle:
I took a short-cut through the castle as I had one ride in mind but I did stop along the way for a few pictures:
The first ride I headed to was Peter Pan’s Flight and it was a walk:
After Peter Pan’s flight I quickly wandered over to Snow White’s Scary Adventures to say goodbye for good because I knew this would be my last time ever riding it as it was due to be closed for Fantasyland expansion soon after our trip.
After saying farewell to Snow White’s Scary Adventures I went to wait for Mickey’s Philharmagic:
 
Once Mickey’s Philharmagic was over I headed over to Frontierland and took a quick ride on the Liberty Bell:





Once back on dry land I headed back towards the Castle stopping along the way to check out the Christmas shop.
Back on the hub I took a bazillion more pics of the Castle, Main Street and the best duo ever Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse:





I went into the Emporium on the way down Main Street to get a present for my mother then it was time to say a tearful goodbye to the Magical Kingdom for 2011 of course taking a few more pictures before I actually leave:


I left the park just after 10.30 and headed towards the buses. In just over 2 hours I had seen park opening, done Peter Pan, Snow White, Mickey’s Philharmagic, Liberty Bell and gone shopping! I think that was a good morning. The bus headed past the Contemporary:


And back to Pop: 

No comments:

Post a Comment