Tuesday 27 June 2017

The last morning in Disneyland

Day 10, Part 1:
Wednesday, 26th November

Today was our last day in California. I got up bright and early at 6.30am eager to pack as much in as I could. My trip buddy wasn’t coming to the park with me this morning as she wanted to go check out the Garden Walk Shops so once I was ready I headed up towards the parks. Taking a few pictures around the hotel before I left:
 I never did get to use that pool:
 
When I got up to the Disney area I headed straight to Disneyland and was there on time for opening. They didn’t have a big opening ceremony like in Florida though.
 
First I headed to the train station to see if the Lilly Belle would be running that day and was told to come back at 9.15 to book it so I headed into the Emporium to get the last few bits I wanted with the 20% off vouchers. So many Minnie’s:
 
When I came back out of the Emporium, Main Street USA was bustling with all kinds of transport and a few characters had started to come out in Christmas gear:


I stopped off for a quick picture with Minnie:
 
Then I went up to try get a ticket for the Lilly Belle. They only run it twice a day at 11.30 and 12 and they only allow a maximum of 12 people on it at a time. I managed to get a ticket for myself at 11.30 so once I got that I went back down the steps to meet some more characters. First I saw Donald:
 
I also got a photo with Pluto before I headed to Pixie Hollow. This had a super cute wait area complete with little statues of fairies, fairy houses and boats:
 


Soon it was time to meet some fairies. First was Tinkerbell:
 
I also got some pictures with Silvermist before I headed over to Fantasy Faire for the Tangled show. It was very pantoish but still a fun show:

 Before I went to California I had read that if you hung around after the show sometimes Rapunzel would come out to meet guests so I waited for a few minutes and sure enough Rapunzel appeared with Flynn Ryder with her. They both chatted away for a good while. I had a flower pen and Flynn Ryder wanted to know if it was enchanted:
 
As I left Fantasy Faire I stopped at the castle to take a few pictures: 
I then headed back down a busy Main Street:

I popped into the Candy Palace to get a quick snack. They had so many yummy treats to choose from:

 


I got an Olaf Marshmallow wand and it was super yummy. It had marshmallow, covered in caramel, covered in white chocolate. My only regret was I didn’t get on sooner in the trip:
 After that I headed towards the train station it was almost time to go on the Lilly Belle but first I had a bit of time to meet some more characters so first I got photos with Goofy. Then I spotted this pair coming out:

They were super cute. As the were coming out they spotted a lady wearing a Chip and Dale t-shirt and bag with two Chip and Dale soft toys clipped to it so they took her by the hand and both acted totally in love with her hugging her lots because she was their fan. It was very funny to watch. Once I got my own photos with them I headed up to the train station to take some pictures while I waited for the Lilly Belle:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment