Monday 1 July 2013

Tubby Little Cubbie!

When this movie came to the cinema I didn't want to go see it solo and my nephew wouldn't come see it because he said it was for babies (he's six!) So when it came out on DVD in August and being a huge Disney fan I brought it home what am I talking about... WINNIE THE POOH!



The movie starts in a little boys bedroom (Christopher Robin of course) and shows the classic Pooh toys.  The story then unfolds as Eeyore loses his tail and first all our favourite characters from the 100 acre wood are trying to find something to replace Eeyore's tail.
Then panick sets in for the lovable crew when they misunderstand a note left by Christopher Robin and think that he has been captured by a Backson. They go on a search for their friend and all end up a little stuck in  a hole. Funniest moment from the movie happens here with owl won't spoil the surprise totally but for a wise old owl he ain't to smart in the hole.
Anyway in the end they all get out of the hole safely and find Christopher Robin and Pooh is a hero and there's a big happy ending because it wouldn't be Disney without a happy ending :)

The first thing I noticed about the movie other than it being full of my favourite Disney characters was the fact their voices have changed! Eeyore did not sound like Eeyore and it just felt wrong to me!

Also while the old favourite "Deep in the hundred acre wood, where Christopher Robin plays" tune is there, there is also alot of new music. Pooh bear's very Hungry for Honey song reminded me a little of pink elephants on parade from Dumbo. I'm not sure I liked that. The Pink Elephants scene scared me when I was younger.

All in all it's a super cute movie and definately one to watch for a Disney fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment