Sunday 9 July 2017

Farewell to California

Day 11, Part 1:
Thursday, 27th November

We were up bright and early at 4am this morning to get ready to head to the airport. Our taxi arrived at 5.15 and the driver was a little bit stroppy that we weren’t at reception when he arrived 20 minutes earlier that we had booked our taxi for. After all the pick ups we got to LAX at 6.30am
 When we got to the terminal check in took a while. We had to scan our passports and get our tickets at on kiosk and then go to the check in desk to drop off the bags. Once we finally got checked in we headed straight through security were they were going to take the Mickey Popcorn Bucket off me because they thought it was a bottle! I have no idea how they thought he was a bottle:
 
I opened him up and showed them he was full of stuff for the plane like my iPod and other bits. They let us through with him and we headed for to the Coffee Bean for some breakfast. My trip buddy got some sort of flat tuna sandwich:
 
I got 3 mini doughnuts that were a bit stale:
 
I had my Tigger tail from the previous night which was a bit squashed at that stage so had that as well and we just sat for a while watching people go by. I was fascinated by the amount of people that had dogs in the departure area. When we were finished eating we took a browse through some of the shops as we headed towards our departure gate. There was some pretty cool stuff in the shops:
 
Twilight dolls:
That’s the happiest Eeyore I’ve ever seen:
 
Eventually we made it to the boarding gate:
 
Once they boarded the plane we seemed to be sitting for ages before they headed for the runway so I got a few pics of planes coming and going as I was waiting:
 

Eventually the plane did take off and it was time to say one last goodbye to California:
 
I slept the whole way from Los Angeles to New York and when I woke up the sun was setting over America:
 
While we were in Anaheim we had been reading all week about how New York was snowed under. When we landed there, there was no sign of snow. Once we were off the plane the first things we decided to do was get some food. We got a pizza with the runniest cheese ever:
 
Then I had the chocolate Frog that I had got at the Warner Brothers Studios tour as dessert:

We took a quick look through the shops again while we were heading to our boarding gate:
 
Marshmallow Nutella?!:
 
This little dude was dancing in one of the shops as well:
 
Once we were finished shopping we went to wait at our gate and soon it was time to say goodbye to America and head for Ireland:
As it was an evening flight when we were in the air they announced they would be serving the food as quickly as possibly so that people could sleep if they wanted. The choice was BBQ chicken or pasta. I had the chicken:
 
I slept the rest of the way home and didn’t wake up until they were coming around with a light breakfast of yoghurt and raisin biscuit:
 
Shortly after that it was time to land in Ireland:
 Dublin Airport had put up some Christmas decorations while we were away:
We had some Disney chocolate while we waited for the bus and soon we were on the final part of our journey home:
 
Our trip was over. There was so much more we could have seen and done both in the parks and in Los Angeles area in general and we both loved Disneyland itself:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment