Sunday 29 September 2013

Planes



 In August I went along to see the latest release from Disney Pixar Planes. I expected it to be alot like Cars and in a way I wasn't wrong but I was still excited to see it because hey it's Disney. So I went along to the cinema on a Monday night when I had no work and I was the only person in the entire theatre. I was hoping that was just because it was a week night and that it didn't reflect how good the movie was or indeed it's popularity. 

It’s the typical rookie enters big race and wins story. A Dust cropping plane called Dusty (voiced by Dane Cook) with a fear of heights has big dreams of competing in an around the world aerial race.Dusty gets training from an old Veteran fighter plane and miraculously qualifies for the Wings around the World race. Like Cars there is the one plane, Ripslinger, who is cocky and arrogant and believes that he is better than all the others and will of course win and tries everything in his power to make sure he gets one step ahead of his competitors. What Ripslinger doesn’t expect is Dusty’s determination to complete the race no matter what is thrown at him. Of course with a little help from his friends the unlikely hero succeeds in the end as well but hey it wouldn't be Disney if he didn't!

The movie is colourful with many high-flying characters to fall in love with. It has some funny moments and even though I’ve read many reviews dissing the movie for being to similar to Cars my opinion is so what. Yes it is similar but that doesn't meant it's any less enjoyable and the fact that I was the only one in the movie theatre the night I went to see it meant nothing to me in the end because I still thought it was great.


No comments:

Post a Comment