Sunday 6 January 2013

Disneyland part 2

So once the train pulled off we turned around and headed up a little path to the side of the castle:
and into this little cave:
Inside the cave was a massive dragon, who woke up while we were in there and started puffing smoke out at everyone.
We ran up some nearby stairs to get away before he started to breathe fire as well as smoke and came out inside the castle so we went to explore the shops in the castle. This was in one of the shops.

I think I need a fireplace like that in my house.  After a quick look around the shops we went upstairs to explore the castle some more. In this castle when you go upstairs the story of Sleeping Beauty is told through stained glass windows, tapestries and other displays:
                                               


I loved the details on some of the pillars as well:
Then when you went outside there was great views of Fantasyland:
I like this about the Paris castle. I know in WDW they have the restaurant upstairs in the castle but I think it would be nicer if there was something like this that people could go up and explore. So castle fully explored it was time to go out into Fantasyland. We walked around taking in what rides and shops there were first for a while and taking many pictures:


Then we headed to our favourite ride Small World. Small World was done up for Christmas as well:

Inside some of the dolls had presents and decorations on them. I will have more on them on a later blog. I love the fact that Ireland is included in Small World:

                                                  

I also loved this guy because I don't think they have him in the WDW version. I liked the slight differences in the ride:
                                                   

Then of course since it was decorated for Christmas there was a little Santa doll just near the end:
                                                         
Small World itself was as good as it always is. I liked the fact that as well as the dolls being decorated for Christmas the music was also changed so it rotated between the traditional Small World song and Jingle Bells. What I was disgusted about though was just at the little doll on the gondola in the Italy section there was two empty drink bottles that some guest had obviously finished using and decided it would be ok to throw them over the side of the boat. I could not believe that anyone would have that little respect for the park. When I think of Disney parks I think clean as I have never seen rubbish thrown about like that in Disney before. That little rant aside we continued on our way and this time it was to try something new. There's two rides in Disneyland Paris that WDW doesn't have so I was excited to try them out. The first was the Storybook boats. This was little scenes from various fairy tales and Disney movies:


                                      
The next one was Casey Jr.
We came across more rudeys in the Casey Jr. line a family attempting to skip the queue. I really don't understand why people do that at all but sure.

Continued in next blog post  

No comments:

Post a Comment