Tuesday 16 October 2012

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party part 1

So since it is October I thought I'd share my pictures from my experience of Halloween in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP.) I went to MNSSHP in 2010 so it has been a while and I'm not sure how much has been updated or changed since then. I suppose the first thing to talk about is the Halloween decorations around the park. Everything is decorated with Autumn colours and pumpkins:
                            
 
So enter the park and around the Flag area just inside are several pumpkin scarecrows based off the characters of Main Street.
When I was at MNSSHP Toontown was still open and even in Toontown Mickey and Minnie's houses were decorated for Halloween:
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party is a special ticket event so the park closes at 7pm and the party begins then and runs until midnight however once you've bought a ticket for the party you can use that ticket to enter the park at 4pm. Once the park closes the special Halloween events and fun starts. At the party everyone is allowed dress up including the big kids among us and it is also a chance to see characters out that you wouldn't normally get to see, like all seven dwarves:

You need to queue early for these though because they are very popular. I queued at 6.30 and was about tenth in line and saw them about 7.10. It also means you will have the rest of the night to explore and see the shows because if you queue late for these you will end up waiting for an hour or more for a picture. Also I'm not sure if she's there every year but the year I went the Hag from Snow White was out in Fantasyland:
The fab 5 are around in Halloween Costumes as well:
     Mickey and Minnie actually rotate between Princess and Pirate costume and a Witch and Wizard/Vampire costume. Loads of characters are around the park and because there is a limit on the number of tickets that are sold it is also a chance to meet the characters with a shorter line. Other characters I spotted were the Tremains:
                                          
And Tarzan and Terk:
There was a few picture opportunities set up when I was there as well like in Fantasyland you could get your picture in front of Cinderella's coach:
In my next post I will talk about the shows and parades.


No comments:

Post a Comment