Wednesday 18 January 2012

Animal Kingdom

I like taking photos of everything. I also love Disney and Disney World and I love to take lots of photographs of Disney World and thought I'd share some park by park.

Animal Kingdom is my relax day Disney park. I don't like rollercoasters so I don't tend to do many rides in Animal Kingdom. I stick to the shows mostly.
I suppose the first thing you have to mention with Animal Kingdom though is that park icon the Tree of Life
That tree is amazing. There is so much work gone into it. The trunk of the tree for those of you that don't know has loads of animals carved into it and they are so detailed it really is just fantastic looking at it.

Regarding some of the shows in Animal Kingdom they have a musical version of Finding Nemo.

Being Animal Kingdom it wouldn't really be complete without a typical theme park bird show as well:

But my favourite show for Animal Kingdom has to be Festival of the Lion King. It includes all the major Lion King songs and has many acrobat displays and dancing which creates an exciting celebration of the Lion King.

One ride that I do always do in Animal Kingdom is the Kilimanjaro Safari which leads you through a savanna complete with every Africa animal they can fit in and sometimes if you're lucky (or unlucky whichever your view) you may get close up to these Animals. Some block the road way and some come right up beside the trucks:
and if you're very very lucky you might catch a glimpse of the King of the Jungle out sunning himself!

As well as the Safari to see the animals you can see alot of animals on both the Maharajah Jungle trek


and the Pangani Forest trail:

It has actually taken me three visits to see each section of the park and two years ago was the first time I made it out to Rafiki's Planet watch:
You have to take a train from the main park out to rafiki's planet watch. It's basically a conservation centre. You can meet some Disney characters like Rafiki himself and you can watch the vets checking out some of the animals from the part. There's even a petting zoo type area for children and adults alike to brush some goats and sheep.
Another section of the park is called Dinoland USA:
As the name would suggest this area includes rides, restaurants and shops with a Dinosaur theme.
My favourite area of the park is Camp Minnie Mickey because here you can meet and greet with some of your favourite Disney characters in their Safari outfits:

Lastly another one of my favourite things about the Disney parks is the parades. They're colourful and full of great music and of course some of our favourite Disney characters:

2 comments: